10 reasons to choose Verbier as your next mountain biking destination
If you are still wondering where to go for your next mountain biking trip, after reading this ten points you will surely consider Verbier as your next mountain biking destination.
1. Verbier has the biggest enduro trail network in Switzerland - there are 23 enduro tracks, with a total length of 206 km, ranging from beginner, advanced and expert difficulty. You will not ride the same enduro trail twice, unless you choose to.
2. The largest in-resort round enduro tour, adding up to 105 km, with fair distribution of up-lift opportunities.
3. Unique high alpine bike park, offering 12 kilometers of downhill tracks with a total vertical drop of 880 metres with 65 jumps and 300 metres of north shore features.
4. The maintenance of the bike park trails and the single trail network in Verbier is impressive! Despite growing number of mountain bikers the trails are surprisingly well maintained!
5. Verbier is running its lifts for mountain bikes as long as the weather permits, and open them as soon as possible in early summer after the snow melts. With little or no queue on the lifts — you spend most of your days riding!
6. The jaw dropping panoramic views of always snowy Valasian glaciers, green pastures, pine and green leave forests, crystal clear springs and fresh air.
7. Pleasant climate often describing Verbier as "The California of the Alps" with almost 85% sunny days in summer!
8. The Swiss gastronomic culture - Valais has a 3,000 year old tradition of making cheese. Enjoy a raclette or foundue after a long biking day or even make your own cheese at one of the local lateries!
9. Beyond the mountain biking Verbier offers many other activities, whether you are coming with a family or partner – there are a whole lot of activities for all ages and interests such as hiking, paragliding, horse riding, climbing, yoga, golfing, summer camps for kids, etc, ...
10. Pamper yourself with Swiss hospitality, traditional chalet experience, alpine spa, massages, gastronomic experiences - Verbier can be all you ever dreamed of.
Video Credit: Singletrack Switzerland, Tetton Gravity Research, Freeriding bottomless trails in the heart of the Alps.